January 21, 2014

Week 35 Update and What's Inside my Hospital Bag



Today marks 35 weeks pregnant for me. Only 35 days left and our little peanut will be here!

Truthfully I can not wait to get this baby out of me!! I have had an awesome pregnancy so far, I have stayed active and have had great energy so I can't complain too much. I am just ready now because all the problems that I never had before seem to be happening to me now! 

Some of those bad things are… heartburn, swollen ankles, fatigue, and backaches. These have all popped up in the last week, it's so crazy how fast things can change! No matter what I eat, it seems to give me heartburn now, ginger tea and braggs apple cider vinegar have been my best friends. I'm used to having a go, go, go lifestyle so the fatigue, swollen ankles and backaches are driving me so crazy. I just want to get things done and I have noticed that it now takes me two days to do the things I was doing in one day before. 

My workouts have changed and slowed down considerably this last week as well. My usual workout would be some kind of strength training along with 40mins of cardio either on the stair master or on the treadmill. This last week I have dropped my weights during strength training and my cardio has slowed down. Went from always being at 3+mph and doing intervals at 10 and 5 inclines to 2.5mph and doing intervals at 5 and 0 inclines and maybe going to 10 once or twice. I miss working out hard and I can't wait to get back to my normal routine once the baby gets here. At the same time though I'm so thankful that I have been able to stay active and my body has allowed it. 

One of the most important things I have learned through this process is adapting. My body is making a tiny person and that takes some energy for sure, realizing that and adapting to that keeps me sane and positive. In only 35 weeks my body has grown hips I never had and gained around 17lbs.  My body doing that on top of all my every day activities is purely amazing which I need to keep in mind. Any pregnant lady should keep that in mind, you may not be able to do what you once did before but your body is doing amazing things, TAKE IT IN!



Now for the exciting part of my post!!
MY HOSPITAL BAG! 

I have been told by a million different moms that you should keep your hospital bag as simple as possible so thats just what I did…

My Bag, Showing off the Basics


Here is the list of what's inside:
  • 1 comfy going home outfit 
  • 2 nursing bras
  • 1 nursing tank top
  • 1 loose shirt
  • 1 button up shirt 
  • 1 pair of sweatpants 
  • 1 pair of PJ pants
  • 3 pairs of ugly undies
  • 2 pairs of socks
  • 1 zip up sweatshirt
  • 1 pair of super fuzzy socks
  • Nursing pads 
  • Breastfeeding Pillow
  • Pads/depends 
  • iPod with soothing music on it/ headphones
  • Camera and charger
  • Phone and charger
  • Birth plan on notecards 
  • 3 Print outs of birth plan
  • Toiletry bag- shampoo, soap, lotion, contact solution, etc. 
  • Earth Mama Bottom Spray (I heard it's amazing!)
  • Hair ties and bobby pins
  • Slippers
  • Lacrosse ball for massaging
  • Coconut oil for massage oil 
  • Lavender essential oil for relaxation
  • Snacks (larabars, mixed nuts, squeezable pouch baby food)
  • Gum
  • Coconut Water
  • Fluffy pillow 
  • Birth ball aka exercise ball from walmart! 
For Dad: 
(he is an easy pleaser and doesn't need much!)
  • Comfy pants
  • T-shirt
  • Sweatshirt
  • Toothbrush
  • iPod (for his own entertainment)
  • Phone and charger
Feeding Pillow and Snacks

For the baby:
I'm bringing both newborn and 0-3month clothing for the baby since we have no idea how big or small she will be! That's why there seems to be so many outfits!
  • 2 short sleeve onesies
  • 1 long sleeve onesie 
  • 2 sleepers 
  • 3 pairs of socks
  • 2 matching hats
  • 1 going home outfit (footie pants and zip up coat over onesie) 
  • 8 newborn size diapers (incase the size 1 in the hospital don't fit)
  • Seventh Generations wipes (love these because of the non toxic ingredients)
  • 1 swaddle blanket
  • 1 large fuzzy blanket 
  • Coconut oil for dry delicate skin
  • Vitamin K drops (we are opting out of the vitamin k shot for personal reasons)
  • Carseat
The babies bag. Can you tell we have an owl theme?

Not everything we are packing made it in the pictures but I figured they would help with perspective. The hospital were I'm delivering told us our stay could be between 1-3 days so we prepared for the worse, you could always get away with bringing even less! 

Any Questions? Just ask! 
Anything you think I'm missing? Please let me know, I love the input! 

No comments:

Post a Comment