May 2, 2014

Whole 30 Week 2

Day 8: 

Breakfast: 
1 egg, Italian seasoned ground beef, asparagus, and broccoli. Egg and asparagus cooked in coconut oil. Coffee with coconut milk. 
Lunch: 
Ground beef, pot roast, spaghetti squash, broccoli, and beets with some ghee on top. 
Dinner: 
Chicken thigh, asparagus, and sweet potato with ghee. 
Post workout: 
Shredded chicken and a small banana 
Snacks: 
2 applegate farms hot dogs, saurekraut, and a handful of cashews. Also I splurged before bed and had a coconut pie larabar... It was heavenly! 

Oops... I forgot to take a picture of dinner before I ate... Picture of me after my workout instead... 

Day 9: 

Breakfast: 
1 egg, ground beef, kale, and sweet potato sautéed in ghee. Also my cup of coffee with coconut milk.
Lunch: 
Big salad again! Spring mix, grape tomatoes, red bell pepper, cucumber, and avocado topped with Italian seasoned ground beef. Also had a few carrots and baby bell peppers on the side. 
Dinner: 
Herb rubbed pork loin, spaghetti squash with ghee, and broccoli, cauliflower and carrot mix. Watermelon for dessert! 
Post workout: 
Leftover chicken and a kiwi 
Snacks: 
2 applegate farms hot dogs, sauerkraut and a handful of cashews and macadamia nuts. 

** Working out has for sure upped metabolism... I'm still only eating when I'm really hungry but between high intensity workouts and exclusively breastfeeding my little one I'm burning through calories like crazy!! Adding snacks into my whole 30 is a must I am learning! ** 

Day 10: 

Breakfast:
Herb rubbed pork loin, 1 egg and green beans. All cooked with ghee. My morning coffee, caffeinated today with coconut milk! 
( I have been having smaller breakfasts so I can workout sooner after I eat!) 
Lunch: 
Spaghetti Squash, seasoned ground beef, and muir glen tomato sauce. 
Dinner: 
Homemade meatloaf, roasted asparagus and cauliflower mashed 'potatoes' 
Post workout: 
A few bites of ground beef and a handful of plantain chips
Snacks: 
A can of sardines, a cup of watermelon, a handful of cashews and a small spinach salad. 



Day 11: 

Breakfast: 
2 eggs, seasoned ground beef, leftover cauliflower broccoli and carrots, sautéed kale with ghee. My decaf coffee and coconut milk. 
Lunch: 
Leftover pork loin, sweet potato with ghee, and asparagus (I totally forgot to take a picture!) 
Dinner: 
Leftover pork and pot roast, cauliflower mashed potatoes and ghee, and mixed vegetables. Watermelon for desert 
Snacks: 
A turkey epic bar (it was surprisingly really good!), a handful of macadamia nuts and carrots, also some plantain chips after my workout and later in the night because they are just so good! 



Day 12: 

Breakfast: 
Pot roast, 2 eggs, sweet potato with ghee, mixed vegetables 
Lunch: 
Chipotle!!! Salad bowl, carnita meat, pico de gio, and lots of guac! It was so amazing! Oh and I packed some baby bell peppers so I had 5 of those too. 
Dinner: 
Leftover meatloaf, cauliflower mashed potatoes with ghee, and mixed vegetables. A handful of plantain chips for desert. 
Snacks: 
Trader joes lightly smoked sardines, 4 strawberries, handful of macadamia nuts, a spoonful of almond butter, and a few handfuls of baby carrots 



Day 13:

Breakfast: 
2 amazing eggs, ground chicken, broccoli, 4 strawberries, a few macadamia nuts and my decaf coffee with coconut oil. 
Lunch: 
Leftover meatloaf, broccoli, banana, and a handful of cashews. 
Dinner: 
Cod, Brussel sprouts with ghee
Snacks: 
Cauliflower fried 'rice', handful of plantain chips



Day 14: 

Breakfast:
2 delicious eggs, ground chicken, cauliflower fried rice, regular coffee with coconut milk in it. 
Lunch:
Salad: spinach and baby kale, yellow pepper, grape tomatoes, avocado. Topped with ground chicken and hot sauce 
Dinner: 
Chicken stir fry (chicken breasts and a bag of frozen stir fry vegetables with coconut aminos and ginger) over cauliflower fried rice. 
Snacks: 
Handful of plantain chips, handful of macadamia nuts, handful of cashews, handful of baby carrots and a small bowl of cauliflower fried rice (yes I'm obsessed with it!)



Review of the week:

Overall the week went really well. I no longer really have any cravings and I no longer really have to think about what I'm eating, it's now just how I eat. Hitting this stage makes it a lot less stressful and makes me like this whole thing even more. Also, daily I have more natural energy and I no longer even want coffee, I am sleeping better, and emotionally I'm very balanced. Thank god for foods nourishing my body and naturally balancing my hormones. 

I have noticed that I have been over indulging on nuts/fats but I think it is just because I feel like I need some more calories. This is my body's way of telling me I need it because I always want fats at night. 

My workouts have been really good, I didn't miss a workout and Olivia has been good through every workout so I can finish them without her fussing.  I am doing a bikini babe program that was created by an instagrammer I follow (efitmama) and so far I really like it. Sometimes I feel like it's not enough (workouts between 25-35mins) and I want to do more but I think I'm going to stick to it and pace myself. I have always been one of those people that obsess about exercise and always want to do more so I'm going to try and break that habit. Well, for at least these 8 weeks so I can see this program through. 

I can tell I'm losing weight still which is always good. I'm back in my skinny jeans which is awesome and totally amazed by. I guess sticking to a program (workout and diet) is worth it in the end. 

New things this week: 

I am trying Lush Cosmetic products for the first time. I want to keep all my body care products very natural because I am breastfeeding so Lush is what I decided on. I will keep you guys updated on how it works for me but so far (after 3 days) I absolutely love the products. My skin is so soft and the redness on my face is already decreasing 

Also, Last night I ordered all the things I need to start brewing my own kombucha which I'm super excited about. One of the things I'm making more of a priority is making sure I get enough probiotics in my diet. I take a probiotic daily but I would much rather get them from whole foods. I bought some bubbies brand pickles and sauerkraut which are both amazing… but expensive… same with store bought kombucha… so that's why Im determined to make some of my own Kombucha and maybe eventually venture into making sauerkraut and pickles. 

Well thats all for this week… 
Any Questions? Just ask! 

No comments:

Post a Comment