May 14, 2014

Whole 30 Week 4

Day 22:

Breakfast: 
2 eggs cooked in ghee, curry ground beef with tomato, mushroom, and spinach, and broccoli, and avocado. Don't forgot my decaf coffee with coconut milk 
Lunch:
Bowl of everything, curry seasoned beef and vegetables, broccoli, spaghetti squash with ghee and a small piece of lamb. 
Dinner:
Cube steak with leftover mushroom cream sauce, and sautéed kale with onions, mushrooms and garlic olive oil. 
Post Workout: 
Cold decaf coffee blended with coconut milk and 2Tbsp of Great Lakes gelatin 
Snacks: 
5 baby bell peppers, 7 strawberries, handful of almonds, and a spoonful of coconut butter 


Day 23:

Breakfast:
2 eggs cooked in ghee, cube steak, broccoli, and coffee with coconut milk 
Lunch: 
Paleomg spaghetti squash pizza pie, a handful of mixed nuts and 7 strawberries 
Dinner: 
Slow cooked chicken thigh in medium salsa, spaghetti squash, green beans and a handful of mixed nuts. 
Snacks: 
Can of sardines, 6 bell peppers, a few almonds, a big spoonful of coconut butter, 2 dried figs, 1 bubbies pickle, and 4 slices of applegate farms pepperoni ( I was super hungry today!) 


Day 24: 

Breakfast:
2 eggs cooked in ghee, a small piece of lamb roast, sautéed kale with mushroom and onions, 3 strawberries and my coffee with coconut milk
Lunch: 
Paleomg spaghetti pizza and a small sweet potato with coconut oil and cinnamon 
Dinner:
Curry seasoned ground beef with tomato mushrooms onions and kale topped with avocado. Also, green beans and garlic cauliflower mashed potatoes 
Snacks: 
1 fresh apricot, 3 dried figs, 4 baby bell peppers, 1 bubbies pickle, 2 pieces of applegate farms pepperoni, a can of sardines, a big spoonful of coconut butter and a la croix grapefruit drink.

Day 25:

Breakfast:
2 eggs cooked in ghee, a small piece of lamb, spaghetti squash, an apricot, and my coffee with coconut milk
Lunch:
Curry seasoned ground beef with tomato, mushrooms, and onions topped with avocado with spaghetti squash and cauliflower mash for sides
Dinner:
Herb and Lemon roasted chicken, brussel sprouts, and diced sweet potato with 2 dried figs for desert
Snacks:
A can of sardines with hot sauce, plantain chips, 1 strawberry, a few carrots,  a spoonful of coconut butter and a handful of almonds


Day 26: 

Breakfast:
2 eggs cooked in coconut oil, seasoned ground beef, roasted sweet potato, and my coffee with coconut milk (forgot to take a picture! So my awesome workout summary is the picture you get!) 
Lunch: 
Leftover curry beef and lamb roast, cauliflower mash with ghee and spaghetti squash 
Dinner: 
Went out for Mother's Day! Got a 12oz NY strip and broccoli. Also had a small salad as a starter! 
Post workout: 
Diced sweet potato, an apricot  and shredded chicken! It was the first time going back to a real gym today, got an amazing workout.
Snacks: 
Plantain chips, 5 baby peppers, 3 dried apricots, 3 dried figs, 2 strawberries, a small handful of mixed raw nuts, and a large spoonful of coconut butter 


Day 27: 
Happy Mother's Day! 
Breakfast:
2 eggs cooked in coconut oil, shredded chicken, broccoli, a banana and my coffee with coconut creamer
Lunch: 
Big salad, spinach, tomato, orange bell pepper, avocado and topped with chicken and hot sauce 
Dinner: 
Crockpot cooked pork ribs, sweet potato with ghee, and broccoli 
Snacks: 
A can of sardines in olive oil, handful of carrots, a spoonful of coconut oil, a few plantain chips, 2 strawberries and 2 dried figs 



Day 28: 

Breakfast: 
2 eggs cooked in coconut oil, small side of pork, broccoli, a few strawberries, and my coffee with coconut milk
Lunch: 
Wild planet sardines, a handful of carrots, an apricot, and cauliflower mash with coconut oil 
Dinner: 
Simply balanced spinach and garlic chicken sausage, a chicken thigh, sautéed kale and spinach with mushrooms and onions, a sweet potato with ghee. 
Snacks: 
3 leftover ribs, a handful of macadamia nuts, 2 dried figs, 4 baby bell peppers and a small handful of plantain chips


Day 29: 

Breakfast: 
2 eggs cooked in coconut oil, a chicken thigh, sautéed kale with mushrooms and onions, strawberries and my coffee with coconut milk 
Lunch: 
Whole 30 salmon cake, avocado, and broccoli with my new addiction... La croix sparkling water! 
Dinner: 
Baked cod, asparagus, and mushroom cauliflower rice
Snacks: 
A banana, 3 slices of applegate farms pepperoni, 2 dried apricots and a dried fig, a spoonful of coconut butter, and a few macadamia nuts! 


Day 30!!!! 

Breakfast: 
2 eggs cooked in coconut oil, cauliflower mushroom rice, seasoned ground beef, strawberries and a cup of coffee with coconut milk
Lunch: 
Whole 30 recipe salmon cake, 1/4 avocado, sweet potato with ghee and broccoli 
Dinner: 
Stir fry with mixed vegetables and grass fed london broil served over zoodles 
Snacks: 
8oz of kombucha, a handful of macadamia nuts, 2 dried apricots and 1 dried fig, a spoonful of coconut butter and plantain chips




Summary of the end of my Whole 30:

This last week and a half has been pretty good. Eating this way is now just the normal and I don't even have to think about it. I find myself always grabbing more healthy choices now because I now know how some foods make me feel versus others. 
I have been working out daily still so I have had to keep my carb intake pretty high. I have learned that I really don't do well on a high fat diet. I have to watch my fat intake very closely or I end up getting moody and very run down with major muscle fatigue. How a high fat/ low carb diet effects my body has really come out during this whole 30 since my body is now so sensitive to changes. I love finding this stuff out though. 
I have decided that I will get mostly all my fats from coconut sources and avocado. Those sources seem to work really well for me and not cause any system upsets. Also I'm going to keep up the high carb. I see a lot of sweet potatoes and butternut squash in my future oh and don't forget those plantains that I have learned to love! 
Other things I have learned this last week by listening to my body even closer is that very fatty meats such as lamb, ribs, or a fatty roast don't sit well with me so again I will have to watch that as well. I do better with fish and chicken which is fine by me! 
I have also found La Croix flavored sparkling water. It is heavenly and whole 30 approved! Sometimes water gets boring and now that it's getting hotter out it's nice to have something bubbly to sip on. I highly recommend checking them out! 
This next week I will be reintroducing foods to my diet. Im looking forward to see how they make me feel! I'm hoping non gluten grains such as rice and quinoa sit well with me because I do miss them and they are a good filler with all the extra food I need to eat while breastfeeding. (fingers crossed!!) The rest I could really be ok without. I haven't had really any dairy for almost a year so I think Im totally fine without it but Im still going to reintroduce it to see how I feel. 
I will keep you guys updated on how I feel after testing each thing (legumes, non gluten grains, gluten grains, and dairy). 
Lastly, I made it through! I did it with still making non whole 30 foods for my husband. He has bread, beer, bacon and rice daily. Those things didn't slow me down one bit. If I can make it through with being surrounded by 'bad' food the whole time I think anyone can do it. I see it as a commitment to myself and making myself better. Who doesn't want to be better? Being at your best always feels good. 

Commit, try it out, you can do it, don't doubt yourself, invest in you, I promise it's worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Anna,

    I nominated you for a Liebster award. Keep up the awesome blog posts :-)
    http://pgpaleo.com/2014/05/28/528-liebster-because-you-know-i-aint-into-the-biebster/

    ~M

    ReplyDelete