May 12, 2014

Whole 30 Week 3

Day 15:

Breakfast: 
2 eggs, cod, and broccoli with my cup of coffee with coconut milk 
Lunch: 
Sweet potato shepards pie 
Dinner: 
Sautéed kale in ghee with mushrooms and onions, chicken apple sausage cooked with onions and a small gala apple. 
Snacks: 
Handful of cashews, a few plantain chips,  a handful of baby carrots, a small side of cauliflower mashed potatoes with ghee, and a can of sardines


Day 16: 

Breakfast: 
2 eggs, leftover chicken stirfry, broccoli and coffee with coconut milk 
Lunch: 
Sweet potato shepards pie, a handful of carrots and 2 dried apricots 
Dinner: 
Huge salad: spinach, kale, red bell pepper, grape tomato, and avocado then I put leftover meatloaf on top 
Snacks: 
A few leftover plantain chips, a small bowl of cauliflower fried rice, coconut cream pie larabar, wild planet sardines and a handful of macadamia nuts



Day 17:

Breakfast:
2 eggs, ground buffalo meat, cauliflower fried rice and my coffee with coconut milk
Lunch:
Sweet potato shepards pie and a handful of cashews
Dinner:
Chicken thighs in coconut cream mushroom sauce with a side of baked asparagus and butternut squash
Snacks:
3 dried plums (made in nature brand) after my workout, 5 baby bell peppers, a can of sardines, spoonful of coconut butter I made (had to try it out)! 


Day 18: 

Breakfast: 
2 eggs (one double yolk!), ground bison, butternut squash, fourth of an avocado, and my coffee with coconut milk
Lunch: 
Roasted cauliflower mushroom chicken soup, 6 baby bell peppers 
Dinner: 
Lamb shoulder steak, sweet potato with ghee, and green beans. A spoonful of coconut butter for desert 
Snacks: 
A leftover chicken thigh in cream sauce, a handful of carrots, a handful of mixed nuts, 3 dried apricots 


Day 19: 

Breakfast: 
2 eggs, half an avocado, ground bison, green beans and decaf coffee with coconut milk 
Lunch: 
Leftover shepards pie with extra ground beef on the side 
**Went to a concert and had a little bit of whole 30 no no. I'm not going to stress about not being perfect though!**
Dinner: 
It was 'BBQ turkey' from the BBQ booth at the concert... Turned out to be thick turkey lunch meat... I wasn't not going to eat it after paying $10 for it!!! So this was my first slip up... I had it with the packed macadamia nuts and carrots that I packed. After the concert we went to copelands and had their chicken cob salad. I got it without the blue cheese or bacon. The dressing was supposed to be on the side... But it wasn't so I had balsamic vinegarette on it... It probably had sugar and soybean oil.. So that was my second oops... Oh well though I could have done WAY worse. 
Snacks:
I packed a blueberry larabar, macadamia nuts, baby bell peppers and sardines and I ate them all :) oh and I had a venti unsweetened green tea from Starbucks on the way to the concert. 

Day 20: 
Breakfast: 
2 eggs, ground turkey, 3 baby bell peppers, 4 strawberries and my decaf coffee with coconut milk.
Lunch:
Salad: spinach, red pepper, grape tomatoes, avocado, topped with ground turkey. 
Dinner: 
Cod, roasted butternut squash, broccoli and for desert a big spoonful of coconut butter! 
Snacks: 
4 dried apricots, a handful of mixed nuts, a tablespoon of almond butter and a banana. 


Day 21:

Breakfast:
2 eggs cooked in ghee, ground turkey, broccoli with ghee, coffee with coconut milk
Lunch:
Paleomg pizza spaghetti pie  , a side of green beans, 1/4 avocado, and a handful of mixed cashews and macadamia nuts.
Dinner:
Lamb leg roast, sweet potato with ghee, and green beans
Snacks:
Handful of carrots, a small bowl of roasted cauliflower chicken soup (in my freezer meal blog post) and a handful of almonds
Post workout:
small amount of ground turkey, 4 baby carrots and 2 dried prunes


RECAP: 

This week for some reason was tough. I felt hungry all the time again. I'm not sure if it was because I had an imbalance of carbs, fats, and proteins or if it was just emotional. Maybe it was just my increased metabolism, either way I feel like I fell off the whole 30 train a little. I didn't eat any bad foods (besides at the concert by mistake) but mentally I wasn't giving it my all. I'm making it a goal for this next week to stay more on track and push harder on my workouts.

Also, I wanted to talk about the concert I went to and how I had the worst time trying to find food that I could actually eat… in the book, It Starts With Food, they talk about how it's 'not that hard' to eat out. Well… lets just say that's a bit of a lie. I packed some food with me but not enough so I was subjected to eating some lunch meatish turkey. Eating out when you are living a paleo lifestyle is pretty easy but not the same with whole 30. For the next 9 days I'm not planning on going anywhere so I should be safe from eating anything else.

On a side note, It took me 24hr+ for me to feel better after eating that turkey. My stomach was sooooo messed up and I looked like I was 6 months pregnant for that whole time. I can now see how 'crap' food react in my body and how 'crap' really does mess with our fine tuned machine that we call our body.

The book advises you to start your whole 30 over if you slip up at all. I say that is WAY too much work and puts way too much stress on yourself for no reason. We are all human and it happens. I'm not going to restart the program just because I may have had some chemicals and sugar in my turkey. I know most people won't agree with how I feel about it but to each their own.

Before I know it will be done with this whole 30 and I'm pretty sure I'm going to stick pretty close to the program. I know for sure that I'm going to go through the testing period and spend different days introducing different foods to see how my body reacts to them. I'm excited to see what works well with my body and what doesn't. I love being in tune with my body so this will help me even more which I find so awesome. I know… I'm a little bit of a food freak. lol

Lastly, I wanted to talk a little about my workouts. It has been going great! I have been rocking out in the basement doing Efitmama's 8 week Bikini Body Program (click on link to find the program) I spent $20 on the program because she was running a special on it at the time. I would say it is totally worth the money! It even gives you nutritional advice which for someone new to working out is awesome.

I'm just starting Week 3 and it's still keeping me interested which has always been the problem for me. So I give the program a thumbs up for sure! I do miss the gym dearly and I can't wait until I can go back. Even if it's not Crossfit going back to a normal gym will be so nice when it happens. I miss cardio, and for the people that know me, that is totally not a 'me' thing to say!! When you don't have it in your life though, you miss it and want to get back to it! Once Olivia turns 6 months old and I can take her to the childcare you bet your butt I will be back though!! :)

Overall, I feel great. I would say this whole 30 thing is totally worth it. It's helping me lean out and also gain a lot of my muscle tone back which I'm thrilled about! I hope the results I'm seeing inspires people to give the whole 30 a try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment